Thursday 17 July 2008

Rock and Stroll



Two important things are happening in my life on 19th July - the legend himself Pete Rock is playing at the Jazz Cafe and I am taking my first steps into a club since my clumsy mate won the 'fuck Will's knee up' competition hands down.

You gotta crawl before you can walk and since lying down caused me pain until about a week ago I'll have to go easy on the movement...but I'm sure that once Pete starts dropping some classique tracks I'll be limping off-beat like there's no tomorrow.

If there is a tomorrow I advise you to tuck your soul under your arm and lazily sway your way over to Camden Town's Jazz Cafe for 11pm on Saturday 19th, not least because (keep this d-lo) I've heard from a very reliable source that this night is going to bring world peace.

And even if it doesn't there's sure to be memorable hip-hop, upstanding citizens and me spilling drinks on myself..

Be there or be elsewhere but having less fun..



William Benn Esquire III

No comments: